Monday, October 17, 2016

Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom

Starting New

          Another year of school has started which means a start of a new project. As of this semester, I'm gonna be working on a mushroom kingdom or village which will consist of a lot of mushroom houses and possibly a really big mushroom castle if I have the time to make one. This animation is gonna be a very magical, enchanting, and fun environmental model.

The To-Do List

          To make this the ideal mushroom village I am going to create a lot of colorful and cute mushroom houses. Each house is going to have a different color and a different look to them; they all have their unique and different features whether it be a chimney, some wood logs, or a cool shape to the mushroom. My mushroom environment will have a mushroom for each color of the rainbow and then I will also add a few other colors like teal, pink, aqua, and so on; I plan to make a very colorful village. After the houses are complete, I plan to make the rest of the environment which will contain flowers bigger than the houses, very tall grass, and large rocks. I plan to make the houses all up on a hill or a few of them will be on a hill to give the environment some more detail.

What I'll Get Out of This

Last year I worked on The White House which mainly focused on modeling and examining detail. This year, however, I will be focusing on the texturing of the mushrooms and the other environmental objects like the flowers, grass, and rocks. More detail will be put into this project than last years project. Most of my objects in my model will be smooth, but adding the textures will make it seem like there is a lot of detail.

Captain Obvious

Now, It's pretty obvious that once I finish this project, I will end up sending this project into eMagine under the 3D environmental or Organic modeling categories. I'm not sure which category I want to put it in yet because I am also working on a Carnival/Circus model with lots of circus tents and carnival games. I will end up sending both animations into eMagine. Whichever animation turns out to be better will end up going in the Environmental Modeling category.



I did not steal this idea from The Smurfs.

No comments:

Post a Comment